We recognise that it is important for us to protect and keep confidential and secure any personal information you provide to us. Personal information is information that allows others to identify you.
- The type of personal information we collect and hold
- How we collect personal information
- How we hold personal information
- Why we collect personal information
- How we use and disclose personal information
- How you can access the personal information we hold
- How you can correct the personal information we hold
- How you can complain about the way we have collected, held, used or disclosed personal information
What type of personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect and hold personal information that is necessary for us to conduct our business, provide our services to you and meet our legal obligations. Personal information may include:
- your name, current address, occupation and contact information including telephone numbers and email addresses for your or contact person in the case of emergency;
- sensitive information about your health;
- billing, credit card information and other credit information including default information; and
- if you apply for a position with us we will collect your qualifications, employment history, and bank account and superannuation account details and a tax file number if you obtain employment with us.
How we collect information
Where practicable, we will collect personal information directly from you, either in person, in documents, by email or via our website in the course of carrying on our business. We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as business associates, or from publicly available sources such as the internet and social media. We will notify you of the main reasons for collecting personal information about you at the time of collection.
Collection from our website: When using our website you may disclose personal information to us. Our server may automatically record details such as your internet address, and the date and time of your visit to our website. This information is used for internal purposes only, including statistical purposes.
We will not try to identify users or their browsing activities except as necessary to investigate or report any suspected unlawful activity, as required or authorised by law or as reasonably necessary for the activity of an enforcement body.
How we hold personal information
We hold personal information either as electronic or paper files. We have in place security systems to protect information from unauthorised access.
Where personal information is no longer required for any of our functions or activities we take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is securely destroyed or de-identified.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information to:
- provide tourism services to you;
- manage and account for our services to you;
- ensure we can provide our services to you in a safe manner;
- provide you with information regarding services that may be of interest to you and to improve our services;
- assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as accommodation providers and motor vehicle operators); and
- enable you to seek employment with us.
If the personal information that we request is not provided or is incomplete or inaccurate, this may affect or reduce our ability to meet our obligations to you (which may mean that we are not able to provide the relevant service).
How we use and disclose your personal informationincluding to overseas recipients
We may disclose your personal information:
- to other service providers;
- debt collectors;
- to any person, body or agency where we are required or allowed by law;
- to our external service providers and advisers on a confidential basis services in connection with the operation of our business (for example, data storage and archive service providers, IT service providers and banks);
- to recruitment agencies for suitability assessment if you are seeking employment with us;
- government authorities in the event of an emergency, accident or disaster; and
- otherwise as permitted under the APPs or with your express or implied consent.
Accuracy, completeness and security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is:
- accurate, current, complete, relevant and not misleading;
- protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Please let us know if your details change.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you wish to access your personal information we hold, or have any questions about privacy issues please contact us. We will comply with any request to access your personal information except where the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the APPs allow us to refuse to do so. We may require information for us to verify your identity and to specify what information you seek.
There is no fee for requesting access to your personal information. We may charge a fee for granting access to your personal information in a mutually agreed format.
You have the right to ask us to correct information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. If we refuse to correct your personal information as requested, we will:
- notify you in writing of the reasons (unless it would be unreasonable to do so) and how to complain about the refusal; and
- upon your request that we associate a statement that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, take such steps are as reasonable in the circumstances so that it will be apparent to users of the information.
Links to other websites
Questions and complaints can be directed to:
|Telephone: 0401 155 745 (Ted Davis)|
|Post: PO Box 1326, Victor Harbor SA 5211|
We will consider and respond to a complaint within 21 days and endeavour to resolve it to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with how we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.